Monday, May 4, 2015

May the 4th Be With You!

Good morning Friends! It's been a couple of weeks so I thought I would play catch up and show you all the fun things I've been working on! First up - since today is Star Wars day - Here is a hilariously adorable crochet project that I decided to make for my kids. A Death Star! A friend of mine showed me this pattern link on Pinterest and I knew my kids would love it. (House full of Star Wars nerds here.)


If you'd like to make one, I found the pattern HERE

It took me a couple of days, only because I was trying to be secretive and work on it after my kids went to bed. But it was fun and fairly easy!

I finished making the backyard cushions that I promised for my friend. They turned out pretty well, considering I've never done anything like that before! They were a bit of a hassle, and at one point my sewing machine just decided to FALL APART. It didn't like sewing through so many layers of canvas duck cloth. So I changed plans and made the tie-downs with 2 layers of matching gross grain ribbon sewn together, instead of making them out of the duck cloth. (Duh) ;) He was happy with them and best of all, they fit his furniture! WHEW!


Yesterday I finally finished this little cutie! My little Cinderella felt doll, made from a Gingermelon pattern. (I posted a link to her patterns in my last post!)


Now Piper has a Cinderella AND a Snow White, all a little girl could ask for, right?? ;)


A few days ago, Piper really wanted to paint peg dolls with me, so I finally made this little set I've been wanting to make. I found these little house-shaped tea tins on Etsy a couple of years ago and bought them just for this purpose. I've seen little sets like this that were stored in decorated Altoids tins, which were ADORABLE! But I saw these little house tins and couldn't resist!


And it all fits perfectly in the little house tin so a little girl can carry it in her purse to church or wherever you need some quiet entertainment for her!


Here's one of Piper's. She did a great job! She painted 4 other dolls, but can't find them now. (Story of our lives.) ;)


And last, but certainly not least: It was the Friday I've been waiting for!!! The first Farm Girl Friday! Lori Holt's latest book, "Farm Girl Vintage" is probably the most exciting thing in quilting for me! Eeeeeee!!! I absulutely love everything in it and when I first got it in the mail, I just couldn't stop looking through it. I just love all of the traditional looking blocks, plus all of the "Farm Girl" blocks that she has designed. Baby chicks, cherries, teapots, there is just so much drooling over this book! I want to make every single thing in it! So I got my stash ready and I'll be making 2 blocks a week along with her on her blog.


Ready, set, sew!


Here is my first block, and the first block in her book, "Apron Strings". I'm in love!


Lori is also posting directions for making all kinds of fun things out of the blocks. On Thursday it was this pin cushion. I've been desperately needing one, since Piper lost mine. I went and bought a bag of ground walnut shells quite a while ago just for stuffing pin cushions, and I FINALLY made one! YAY!


It's BIG and it holds tons of pins!! LOVE!


Well, that's all folks! This week will be spent on some yummies for Mother's Day! Shhhhh, it's a secret! :)

Thanks for stopping by my beautiful friends!

XOXO
~Elizabeth








No comments:

Post a Comment